Keep Your Team Engaged
Engaged teams advocate for their companies, outperform their disengaged peers, and intend to stay for the long term. Based upon surveying over half a million employees across more than 5,000 organizations every year, our engagement research shows that engaged workers are over 40% more productive and effective than their unengaged counterparts.
We believe that a company’s engagement index is the equivalent of your company’s stock price for your organizational health. Done right, employee engagement is the cumulative result of strong people strategies, structures, systems, and processes that produce discretionary effort and loyalty.
10 General Rules on How to Keep Your Team Engaged
Engaged teams advocate for their companies, outperform their disengaged peers, and intend to stay for the long term.
While the process of engaging employees differs from company to company, there are some general “rules” that apply. The degree to which employees are engaged depends on their perception of:
1. Alignment With Goals –how well employees understand and agree with the organization’s strategic direction and the extent to which they understand how to directly contribute toward overall success
2. Individual Contribution –willingness to exert discretionary effort toward their work
3. Team’s Effectiveness –getting the right people on the teams and the right people in the right roles
4. Retention Expectation – intent to stay and perceived opportunity for growth
5. Trust of Coworkers – relationships and closeness within teams
6. Manager Effectiveness – how well managers perform their jobs and how much employees respect them
7. Trust in Senior Leaders – the employee’s perception of senior leaders’ capability and commitment
8. Feeling Valued – the organization’s commitment to its people in terms of development opportunities, fair compensation, and making the company a great place to work
9. Job Satisfaction – the intrinsic value an employee finds in their role
10. Benefits – the degree to which employees believe the benefits offered meet their needs
Tips Especially Helpful for the High Tech Sector
Though there are common engagement trends across all companies and industries, here are some tips on how to enhance employee engagement on teams responsible for innovation and cutting edge technology:
The Bottom Line
When you can create strong teams, you optimize your chances of business success. Strong teams optimize talent. Engaged employees enable strong teams.
To learn more tips to keep your team engaged, download The Top 10 Most Powerful Ways to Boost Employee Engagement
Download key published insights and tools from industry experts highlighting best practices in the areas of talent, strategy and culture.
Want to know how you stack up against leading organizations? Receive a complimentary benchmarking analysis courtesy of an LSA Expert.
Get up to speed on timely solutions critical to your business. Published by LSA Experts based upon client feedback and key industry trends.
First we identify the key metrics you want to improve. Then we assemble a dedicated team of elite experts who have successfully solved similar problems with similar clients.
Stay up to do date with the latest information on how we help high growth companies align their culture and talent with strategy.
Real world consulting and training approaches from LSA projects, providing insights on how your company can outperform the competition.