Redwood Shores, CA – LSA Global, the leading business consulting, coaching, and training firm that helps fast growth life science, technology, and service companies by powerfully aligning their culture and talent with strategy, today announced results for an action learning Facilitative Leadership Workshop for key leaders at a high growth Biotech company.
- 96% Job Relevance
- 97% Satisfaction
- 92% Net Promoter Score
These experienced leaders were charged with project management, program management, and portfolio management across previously siloed functions and departments that were used to doing their own thing and being successful within their own span of control. The leaders in the Facilitative Leadership Workshop faced the following challenges:
- High expectations to take, promote, and encourage a cross-functional and program focus vs. the predominant product and function focus that most of their internal customers follow and are rewarded for.
- Existing politics, silos, and cultural misalignments that inhibit functions from fully following through on organization-wide plans and agreements.
- The current product development playbook is outdated, too detailed, and is not aligned with the new strategy.
- There is a lack of consistency in team members’ experience in product development and a lack of clarity and alignment around scope, accountability, roles, team norms, responsibilities, decision-making rights, and communication channels, resulting in misalignments, delays, and rework.
- The team needs to scale to meet new and future challenges and be able to support a strong, integrated, and collaborative matrix operating model.
The highly customized Facilitative Leadership Workshop focused on helping these experienced product development leaders build competence in the following areas:
- Team Leadership
The ability to instill trust across the team and with management, demonstrates professional maturity and strong judgment, exhibits high EQ, takes accountability and holds others accountable, handles ambiguity and uncertainty, and drives and aligns to goals.
Leverages subject matter expertise of others, engages key stakeholders and builds relationships, encourages open dialogue, debate, and discussion, and escalates issues appropriately.
- Strategic Thinking
Connects product decisions to business context and investment thesis, balances business and scientific insights, understands the product value proposition and financial impact of choices, and understands the big picture and competitive environment.
- Functional Expertise
Strikes the right balance between the function and their role, knows when to bring in SMEs, communicates well within functional leadership, and makes quality decisions when the stakes are high.
Effectively presents information to senior management, understands, provides, and communicates corporate and team perspective, and aligns intent and impact by checking for assumptions and bias.
- Influence and Negotiation
Demonstrates organizational savvy, seeks win-win situations and negotiates what is best for the business, gains support and mobilizes resources, and challenges management proactively and appropriately.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
Drives toward decisions while appropriately weighing various perspectives, provides rationale and evidence supporting recommendations, considers alternative courses of action and encourages scenario planning, and focuses on issue resolution and identifying solutions.
Recovers constructively from setbacks, continually learns and modifies approach, remains impactful and nimble in stressful or suboptimal settings, and adapts to circumstances and changes course where appropriate.
About LSA Global
Founded in 1995, LSA Global is the leading performance consulting, coaching, and training firm that helps high growth technology, services, and life-science companies create a competitive advantage by powerfully aligning their culture and talent with their strategy. Learn more about getting aligned.